Thursday, April 24, 2008

Back to Second Life

It has been, as you can no doubt tell, many moons since I've posted to my blog. I apologize for that.

Definitely, I enjoy writing, and posting here on my blog was fun for me. Unfortunately, some personal circumstances forced me to focus on real life for a time.

Now I'm back and I look forward to continuing the conversation regarding what it means to be a second life submissive. Certainly, there has been no reduction in the number of people in second life with an interest in hypnosis and submission (and combinations of the two). Interestingly, when I left sl for a while, my "Second Life Submissives" group was about 16 people. While I was gone, it grew amazingly to over 70.

There seems to be an intense interest in this lifestyle and a great deal of interest in hypno submission. I'll talk more on this in a minute.

First let me affirm that I am still a sub in heart and mind. I don't think this will ever change for me. I don't think it's ever been any other way. It's just that, for most of my life, I never understood that about myself. In the real world, I was never able to express that part of myself, so it was a part of myself that remained dormant.

So I discovered this about myself in sl, felt increasingly that I wanted it to be part of my real life, but, for months, have not been able to express it in either world. I have a life, I have responsibilities, and I have commitments which I've made and must keep. So I continue to hold my submissive urges in check.

My previous mistress was understanding when I let her know I had to leave sl for a while. But even now, having returned, I realize I don't have time to be the kind of submissive I want to be.
I can't devote myself to someone because my real life is too set and too demanding.

Frustrating, but there it is.

Someday I may be free to immerse myself in the D/s lifestyle, but for now, I wait. That said, I still flirt with the lifestyle in sl, but my friends see in me the hesitation and the emotional toll of wanting to really become a submissive but not being able to become a submissive. On this, however, I just don't have a choice. We must all live with the decisions we've made.

So, back to the topic of Hypno Submission. This lifestyle seems to have really gained a lot of steam in the past six months. You can now see the emergence of better and better tools and techniques to help trance submissives, and some of these tools are very impressive.

One of the best I've yet seen was created by Viridian Dryke who runs a store called "Standard Deviations." V created a HypnoHUD device that you can wear and a spiral covers your entire visual field, with a nice soothing background hum along with the visual.

The real innovation, however, is that another person can wear a controller HUD, allowing the dom to control scripts used and to even insert their own text at will as part of the trance process. It allows for a very personal session between two people, and I have yet to see anything like it.

Tools like this are becoming increasingly available and I see more and more individuals visiting places like HypnoDolls to learn more about this particular practice. It is perfectly natural, in my opinion, for subs like myself to gravitate towards hypnosis as there is a very real process of submission to another person, and you leave yourself open to the other person to a considerable degree.

I like hypnosis because I think it's very sensual. To me, hypnosis is a form of seduction, and that is one of the things that seems to resonate with my personality. I really enjoy the seductive nature of hypnosis and, when I feel safe, I wholeheartedly give myself over to trance.

We'll talk about what it means to be "safe" on another day.

For now, however, suffice it to say that I think many, if not most, submissives could be taught to enjoy hypnosis. If you have an interest, feel free to IM me.

I've also asked Viridian Dryke in the past to coach and counsel my fellow subs in the art of hypno submission. I don't think he would mind if you stopped by his store sometime to ask him about it.

1 comment:

The Rev. said...

I have enjoyed ur blogg, do you still blogg